Senior Quantity Surveyor – Resources and Infrastructure Team, Brisbane
We’re hiring! It’s no secret that the construction industry is experiencing significant growth. We are excited to say that GRC Quantity Surveyors continues to build upon its 34 year history and is proud to be continuing to secure some of the most exciting and varied projects.
GRC is a professional construction cost consultancy servicing a wide range of private and government clients throughout all sectors of our industry. Our office is based in Milton Green, the lush corporate park located along the river and a short stroll to the Brisbane CBD. With plenty of local food options, green spaces to enjoy, State of the Art End of Trip Facilities and Milton Train Station a stones throw away – the workplace has never seemed so desirable.
We have an immediate requirement for a professional Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Resources and Infrastructure Team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside directors of the firm who are committed to sustaining a mateship culture where our company values of integrity, teamwork, value, excellence and leadership drive everything we do. GRC supports the professional growth of our people providing interesting and diverse work opportunities and regular team activities. We promote a genuine work and life balance and offer a supportive team environment where our teams work collaboratively with their fellow employees, clients and communities to achieve more.Get in touch with us via the button below or send your application via firstname.lastname@example.org
What GRC can offer this candidate
- Permanent, Full-Time position based in Milton on the city fringe;
- Exposure to the biggest and best engineering projects currently being undertaken across Australia;
- Diversity – Roads, rail, light rail, defence, mining, etc;
- Fantastic company culture;
- Continual emphasis on professional development and mentoring from industry leaders;
- Established Brisbane firm (established 1987) – offering job security.
- Bachelor of Urban Development (QS) or equivalent;
- 8+ years of industry experience preferably within PQS environment.
Expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with detailed measurement (MTO), bills of quantities, cost planning and cost estimating roles;
- Competent with on-screen take-offs prepared in Costx or equivalent;
- Understanding of industry recognised measurement standards (such as ANZSMM, AS1181, DTMR Estimating Manual, etc);
- Methodical quantity surveyor with clear vision on preparing material take-offs that others can easily interpret and understand;
- Knowledge of estimating software such as Expert Estimator, Candy, CATS, or equivalent desirable;
- Knowledge of quality assurance and work health and safety procedures and policies;
- Experience with extracting quantities from model files (BIM/Digital Engineering) desirable;
- Experience with Monte Carlo Simulations completed in @Risk desirable.
Aptitudes and attributes
- Committed, team player, used to working in an environment where “value add” is kept at the top of the agenda;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Accuracy and pride in your work;
- Excellent problem solving ability.
Other Expectations that accompany the Role
- Present high quality work that is of a standard that can be presented to clients without major intervention from Directors/Work supervisor;
- Generate quality work via current GRC clients (note – business development does not play a large part in this role);
- Work autonomously with guidance from management where required.
Industry experience / memberships
- Active member of industry body such as AIQS or equivalent desirable.